Last updated April 2020
Herewith, the terms “our”, “we”, and “us” refer to AIG Island Shipper, our representatives, and branches while the terms “you” and “your” refer to our users. Our users are those who have active accounts with us or intend to create one.
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on www.islandshipper.com includes:
Personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, and demographic information that you voluntarily give to us when you register with www.islandshipper.com or when you choose to participate in various activities related to www.islandshipper.com, such as online chat and message boards. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however, your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of www.islandshipper.com.
The information our servers automatically collect when you access www.islandshipper.com, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing www.islandshipper.com. If you are using our mobile website, this information may also include your device name and type, your operating system, your phone number, your country, and other interactions with the mobile browser and other users via server log files, as well as any other information you choose to provide.
www.islandshipper.com. commay by default access your Facebook basic account information, including your name, email, gender, birthday, current city, and profile picture URL, as well as other information that you choose to make public. We may also request access to other permissions related to your accounts, such as friends, check-ins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each permission. For more information regarding Facebook permissions, refer to the Facebook Permissions Reference page.
Data From Social Networks
User information from social networking sites, such as Apple’s Game Center, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, including your name, your social network username, location, gender, birth date, email address, profile picture, and public data for contacts, if you connect your account to such social networks.
Mobile Device Data
Device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device, if you access www.islandshipper.com from a mobile device.
Information from third parties, such as personal information or network friends, if you connect your account to the third party and grant www.islandshipper.com permission to access this information.
Data From Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys
Personal and other information you may provide when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys.
Mobile website Information
If you connect using our mobile website:
- ● Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile website, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- ● Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s bluetooth, calendar, camera, contacts, microphone, reminders, sensors, SMS messages, social media accounts, storage, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- ● Mobile Device Data. We may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer), operating system, version information, and IP address.
- ● Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the Application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via www.islandshipper.com to:
- ● Administer promotions, coupons, and contests.
- ● Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena.
- ● Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- ● Create and manage your account.
- ● Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and www.islandshipper.com and our mobile website to you.
- ● Email you regarding your account or order.
- ● Enable user-to-user communications.
- ● Fulfill and manage payments, and other transactions related to www.islandshipper.com.
- ● Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to www.islandshipper.commore personalized.
- ● Increase the efficiency and operation of www.islandshipper.com.
- ● Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with www.islandshipper.com.
- ● Notify you of updates to www.islandshipper.com.
- ● Offer new products, services, and/or recommendations to you.
- ● Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- ● Process payments and refunds.
- ● Request feedback and contact you about your use of www.islandshipper.com.
- ● Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- ● Respond to product and customer service requests.
- ● Send you a newsletter.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit www.islandshipper.com. These companies may use information about your visits to www.islandshipper.com and other websites that are contained in web cookies to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
Social Media Contacts
If you connect to www.islandshipper.com through a social network, your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity.
Other Third Parties
We may share your information with advertisers and investors to conduct general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Sale or Bankruptcy
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out Tool or Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out Tool.
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
POLICY FOR CHILDREN
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- ● Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- ● Contacting us using any of the following contact information: [email protected] or +1(954) 282-9349.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us via mail to [email protected]
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with www.islandshipper.com, you have the right to request the removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on www.islandshipper.com. To request the removal of such data, please contact us via any of the following media [email protected] or +1(954) 282-9349, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on www.islandshipper.com, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
AIG Island Shipper
17 Rosewell Terrace
Kingston 8, Jamaica